Saturday August 4th: Hands Across the Sand 2012! Please join us at St. Pete Beach!
When: Assemble on the beach @ 11:30, ready to Join Hands for 15 minutes @ 12:00 noon
Where: Guy Harvey Outpost - a TradeWinds Resort, 6000 Gulf Blvd., St. Pete Beach, FL
Why: Say No to Offshore Oil & Gas Drilling - Say YES to Clean Energy Now. *This year, make a personal statement for Moving Beyond Oil with Clean, Green Transportation and Dump the Pump by:
1) Trek Bikes, 3103 N. 4th St. (arrive by 8:45am, depart 9:15am)
2) The Pinellas Trail @ Tropicana Field at 16th St. S., St. Pete (arrive @ 9:00am, depart 9:30), or
3) ABC Bike Store @ 6633 Central Ave. St. Pete (arrive 9:45, depart 10:15)
Our Hands Across the Sand - Tradewinds event will be held at their new resort, the Guy Harvey Outpost (formerly known as the Sandpiper) at 6000 Gulf Blvd. The event at the Tradewinds is always among the most well-attended in the world. Please join us this year at St. Pete Beach and keep the Hands message alive!
Hands Across the Sand has been a global success with thousands of events in all 50 states and over 40 countries worldwide, from New Zealand to Hawaii. Joining hands is a powerful way to say NO to offshore drilling and YES to clean energy! …and for Floridians…Don’t Drill Our Coasts!
To learn more about Hands Across the Sand, including other Florida events, go to http://www.handsacrossthesand.com/
Join Hands Across the Sand – St. Pete Beach, Florida on Facebook, and invite your friends @ https://www.facebook.com/events/328095573942849/
If you’d like to help our or for more information please contact Cathy Harrelson@ firstname.lastname@example.org or 727-415-8805.
*Do You Want to Dump the Pump and Move Beyond Oil?
You Can Get to Hands Across the Sand While Not Driving a Car
Parking is NOT AVAILABLE on site at the Guy Harvey Outpost/Sandpiper property @ 6000 Gulf Blvd. Skip the hassles of parking on the beach and minimize how much oil you use by riding your bike or taking the trolley!
Riding your bike to St. Pete Beach? Should you join the entire bike ride? Factors to consider:
• The entire trip from Trek Bike Store on 4th St. N. to Hands Across the Sand on St. Pete Beach is 14.5 miles each way. Bicyclists must be able to go at least 14 mph at a steady pace and be in fairly good shape to do the section of 8.5 miles from the Trek to ABC Bike Stores in 45 minutes.
If that’s not you, you may prefer to join the ride from either:
• The Pinellas Trail @ 16th St. (Tropicana Field) for the remaining 10.5 miles, or
• Join in for the final 3rd stretch from the ABC Bike Store @ 6633 Central Ave. to St. Pete Beach Guy Harvey Outpost/Sandpiper: a slower 6 mile that will accommodate bicyclists of more varied abilities.
The guided trip back to St. Petersburg will depart St. Pete Beach @ 1:00 pm.
Taking the Trolley is Easy!
The Central Avenue Trolley runs west starting at the Pier approximately every half hour. Catch the Trolley that leaves the Pier @ 10:05, or catch it at such stops along Central Ave. as:
BayWalk: 10:08; Williams Park: 10:25; Grand Central Station @ 31st St. & Central Ave: 10:40
The complete Central Avenue Trolley schedule is at www.psta.net/CAT.php PSTA fares are $2 each way.
Coming from someplace other than downtown St. Pete? Map your route to St. Pete Beach from wherever you live by going to www.psta.net
If you want to help or want more information about the bike ride, please contact Phil Compton, email@example.com .